Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Healthy and Delicious for Kids................


Boy! Some kids really know how not to eat! For some reason they just don't want to eat! As a child I have been a good kid who loves to eat...... Hihi funny? I remember my mom making really delicious snacks or a meal for me.She used to spend so much of time thinking what to cook, and how to cook to help me eat happily. I was never forced. I am not so much of a dedicated my mom like her .........but these days I try to help my kid happily. In this trial and error method, as you all know, comes out different recipes and thought of posting it. many of you might already know this, so please bear!

YUMMY COINS

Ingredients Needed:- 6 bread slices ,2 small boiled and grated potatoes, 1 finely chopped onion,1 carrot,chopped, 1 capsicum nicely chopped ,1/4 cup finely cut cabbage, little turmeric powder, pepper powder, garam masala powder, (depending on the child's taste... not too spicy or bland)1/4 cup of maida dissolved in water like thick batter, and bread crumbs and oil for frying.

Preparations:-

1.Add 2 tbsp oil in a kadai and fry the onions till transparent.Add cabbage, capsicum, carrot and cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes and then add the grated potato, masala powder, pepper and salt and cook for 2 minutes. Keep aside.

2.With a cutter cut out small rounds or any desired shape of the bread. Now make a sandwich with the potato mixture. Add little maida paste to keep the sandwich together and sprinkle bread crumbs and press. Deep fry......and serve with Tomato Ketchup.
We can also garnish with the child's favourite nuts, like cashews or pistachios to make it more entising for the kid.
I am sure kids will love this. It could be a nice healthy snack after the kids come from school, after a long day!

Do try it and let me know.............

This is Meera signing off............. Stay tuned for a better story or a recipe ..........

No comments: